[LLVMdev] Getting started question.

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Mon Jun 11 14:31:55 PDT 2007

Hello, Alireza.

> What am I missing?
> I am doing this on Redhat Linux 2.4.21-37
I think, you have to build llvm-gcc for sparc target from sources. The
llvm-gcc distributions available from llvm.org site are "native"
compilers, so, they are generating code for the machines they're running
on (x86/linux, x86/darwin, x86/mingw32, etc). You're wanting
cross-compiler, which is completely different.

AFAIK, nobody tried to build llvm-gcc4 configured for sparc targets (I
can be wrong), so, most probably, you'll have to fix some things there.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.