[LLVMdev] Fwd: PC Magazine

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Jun 8 14:25:42 PDT 2007

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Vikram S. Adve wrote:
> Our department outreach coordinator spotted this and forwarded it to
> me.  It's a lot of speculation but I thought many of you would be
> interested.

FWIW, it's beyond speculation.  It's both almost completely wrong, and
obviously rubbish.  The only part part that was good was the
characterization of LLVM, which was remarkably on-target:

"a suite of carefully designed open-source libraries known as LLVM."

When someone gets java support hooked up to llvm, let me know, apparently
we're behind schedule getting llvm-java working on the iphone ;-)

-Chris

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "Jennifer C La Montagne" <jsandone at uiuc.edu>
>> Date: June 8, 2007 12:53:00 PM CDT
>> To: "Vikram Sadanand Adve" <vadve at uiuc.edu>
>> Subject: PC Magazine
>>
>> Vikram –
>>

>> In case you haven’t already seen it, there is a nice long
>> discussion of LLVM in PC Magazine today.

>> See you at 2.
>>

>> Jennifer C. LaMontagne
>>
>> Associate Director for Communications
>>
>> Department of Computer Science
>>
>> College of Engineering - University of Illinois
>>

>> 2236 Siebel Center
>>
>> 201 N. Goodwin, Urbana IL  61801
>>
>> 217.333.4049
>>
>> jsandone at uiuc.edu