[LLVMdev] For the avoidance of doubt...

Sarah Thompson thompson at email.arc.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 30 11:32:59 PDT 2007

Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Sarah Thompson wrote:
>
>> ... can *any* instruction(s) other than load and store cause memory
>> reads or writes?
>>

> Functions calls can (transitively),
This isn't a problem because I'll be picking up those reads and writes
as the function executes anyway.
> intrinsics can,
Would it be feasible to lower all intrinsics (other than, say, debugging
intrinsics) as an opt pass, in a similar way to the intrinsic lowering
that was in the non-JITted interpreter? I don't really care too much
about the performance hit that this would cause because of the added
'correctness' it would give, if you see what I mean.
> and the vaarg
> instruction can (it updates the pointed to list to point to the next
> argument).

Useful to know. Thanks.

Sarah