[LLVMdev] Making test-suite regression detection easier

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:58:55 PDT 2007

Most of the time I'm working on a non-public LLVM target, but
sometimes I want to contribute fixes or enhancements back to the core
of LLVM or a public target. One thing that I end up having to do each
time this happens is that I've got to run the test-suite with a
vanilla copy of LLVM from SVN to discover which tests are failing so
that I can determine that my changes haven't caused those failures.

Would it be useful for the community to have a website where one can
submit the results of a nightly test style run of the test-suite and
then have it tell you which tests regressed based upon a recently
known "good" run of the nightly test for your target? This would cut
the number of tests I have to run in these circumstances in half.

Does anyone else have a simple clever workaround to this issue?

--
Christopher Lamb