[LLVMdev] Web Site Re-Design

Gordon Henriksen gordonhenriksen at mac.com
Fri Jul 27 21:32:01 PDT 2007

On 2007-07-27, at 22:46, me22 wrote:

> 2) Please use ems (or some other non-absolute size) for the widths.  I
> really like my big, widescreen monitor, but sites that set the content
> width to 800 pixels just look silly, especially since I have the font
> sizes somewhat higher than usual. (80 em is often a decent choice for
> the main content area.)

I have no significant complaints, but it sounds like folks want fluid
widths. Probably the simplest technique would be to float the left
nav using a negative-margin…

#leftnav { float: left; width: 200px; margin-left: -210px; }
body { margin-left: 220px; }
#footer { clear: left; }

And I guess I second whinging re the drop shadows and misfit footer
coloration.

— Gordon