[LLVMdev] svn issues

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Wed Jul 25 12:47:01 PDT 2007

* Reid Spencer:

> Hi David,
>
> On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 10:38 -0500, David A. Greene wrote:
>> I'm getting a lot of errors from svn like this:
>>
>> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default'
>> svn: REPORT of '/svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response
>> body: Secure connection truncated (https://llvm.org)
>
> What is /svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default ?

AFAIK, this is the path of an internal URL used by
Subversion-over-HTTP (aka WebDAV).  It's pretty standard.

Some kind of middlebox/personal firewall might not process REPORT HTTP
methods and terminate the HTTP connection.  Such errors are quite
common in the HTTP case, but with HTTPS, it's a bit rare (because
interception is not entirely trivial).