[LLVMdev] LLVM-MIPS

hlide at free.fr hlide at free.fr
Fri Jul 20 08:12:05 PDT 2007

Selon Bruno Cardoso Lopes <bruno.cardoso at gmail.com>:

> Hi Hidle,
>
> Yes, it's not complete yet but i'm working on it.
> I can compile simple sources. As it's on a experimental
> stage i did not added the patch to the llvm autoconf files.

Right now, I tried the last mingwin binaries of llvm-gcc (downloaded from your
official website) : I compared the results between what a normal mingw gcc and
llvm-gcc produce. In fact, I got a buggy x86 executable from llvm-gcc :///, so
I'm really concerned about the viability (?) of llvm-gcc in so far as I was
expected from it to be as accurate as the normal gcc version. So now my question
is : can I trust llvm-gcc for the standard architectures (x86, PPC) ? because if
x86 llvm-gcc produces erronous executables (and it is the case for me), I might
not expect much better from a MIPS port :///

the test is quite simple (llvm-g++) :
----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----
#include <iostream>

int evaluate(const std::string &line)
{ return line == "0"; }

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  std::string line("1");
  std::cout << evaluate(line) << std::endl;
}

executable from llvm-gcc outputs nothing where executable from normal gcc
outputs '0'.

Worse, if I replace "evaluate(line)" with "('0' + evaluate(line))", executable
from llvm-gcc outputs "D" no matter whether if line == "1" or not !

> That's cool,  i have plans to do the same for ps2
> :)

:)