[LLVMdev] Dumping SVN Repository

Mark Rowe mark+llvm.org at bdash.net.nz
Wed Jul 18 22:51:37 PDT 2007

On 19/07/2007, at 3:42 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:

> Hmm...okay. This poses a bit of a problem. The repository has a lot
> of other stuff in it. This begs the question, are we mega interested
> in the repository history of LLVM-GCC 4.0? If not, then we can just
> shove it into the normal repository without worrying about it. If we
> are, then...

You should be able to extract only the llvm-gcc-related portion of the
repository by using 'svnadmin dump', then running the resulting dump
file through 'svndumpfilter' to extract only the required folders.
You can instruct it to either create empty revisions for commits that
happened entirely outside of this location, or you can have it omit
those and renumber the remaining commits.  See <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch05s03.html#svn-ch-5-sect-3.1.3
 > for a bit more information about this.

  Kind regards,

Mark Rowe