[LLVMdev] -arch option ignored?

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:56:28 PDT 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 10:41 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Leo Fink wrote:
>>> You need to build darwin driver to use -arch. Try using build_gcc
>>> script to configure and build llvm-gcc.
>>
>> Well, I guess this task exceeds my expertise. I just thought there
>> was some obvious mistake I made because a lot of people might be
>> using llvm-gcc4 as a drop-in to Apple's gcc to build multi-
>> architecture binaries.
>
> Leo, don't feel bad.  The process to get an "apple-style" build
> working
> takes a liberal amount of black magic.
>
> Devang, Bill, Dale, do you guys happen to know how to run build_gcc
> without the buildit script driving it?

No. I never looked at the buildit script. There be dragons there!

The build_gcc script could be scoured to look for how it uses the -
arch stuff. From what I've seen as the build goes by on the screen,
it builds llvm-gcc 4 times and then applies some magic afterwards to
make it "universal." Search for "lipo" in build_gcc for more info.

-bw