[LLVMdev] PATCH (rest of code changes) "bytecode" --> "bitcode"

Gabor Greif gabor at mac.com
Thu Jul 5 03:44:04 PDT 2007

Here is the bulk of the sanitizing.

My residual doubts center around the question
whether we still do/want to support (un)compressed *byte*code
in 2.0/2.1.

I need a definitive word on this to proceed.

My understanding is that bytecode is already gone, but there are
still some functions/enums that really deal with *byte*code
(instead of *bit*code).

I did not touch those areas, so the attached patch is
for review about the IMO undisputed changes.

What is still missing:

- removing any genuine bytecode stuff (magic/filetype detection, etc.)
- Configury/Makefiles related sanitizing
- doc changes (.pod and .html files)
- anything else grep comes up with (should be next to nothing)

If anybody feels the urge to review the attached patch, feel free
and concentrate on Path.h/cpp and friends.

I plan to commit this late today or tomorrow (given that all the tests pass).

Then I proceed with my plan.

Cheers,

	Gabor