[LLVMdev] Question about Constant Expressions

Gordon Henriksen gordonhenriksen at mac.com
Tue Jul 3 12:40:04 PDT 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 15:08, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Chris,
>
>> We used to have a 'lowerconstantexpr' pass in transforms/scalar.
>> I don't
>> know how to see deleted files in svn though.
>
> They should be "seen" in the certain revision, before they were
> deleted.

If you know the exact path, you should be able to 'svn log FILENAME'
to discover the revision before it was deleted. 'svn log FOLDER' or a
binary search with 'svn ls FOLDER at REV' might be useful, too. Once you
find the REVBEFORE deletion and the REVAFTER deletion, FILENAME can
be recovered in several ways…

To just print the file contents to stdout:

   svn cat FILENAME at REVBEFORE

To revert the change, re-adding the file to the working copy:

   svn merge -R REVAFTER:REVBEFORE FILENAME

To resurrect the file out of history, re-adding it to the working copy:

   svn copy FILENAME at REVBEFORE FILENAME

The last two will be equivalent for a single file deletion. The
former is more general, though; it can revert an entire change, not
just resurrect a file.

— Gordon