[LLVMdev] API design

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Mon Jul 2 18:31:24 PDT 2007

Chris Lattner wrote:
> I don't really have a good idea, but I also don't want to significantly
> uglify the sourcebase...

The only one you didn't explicitly object to was templating on the
iterators. That was my favourite idea.

How bad is it to template here? Will we actually end up with two copies
of each function or can the compiler collapse them? I'm not too familiar
with optimizations at this level.

I'd be willing to go through the errors reported by _GLIBCXX_DEBUG and
fix them one at a time, but I don't want to experiment by going through
all of them just to profile the difference. That's why I'm trying to
decide the best fix (or whether to fix) up front.

Nick