[LLVMdev] Vector comparisons

Gordon Henriksen gordonhenriksen at mac.com
Fri Jan 19 09:03:51 PST 2007

On 2007-01-19, at 11:04, Reid Spencer wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 09:35 -0500, Gordon Henriksen wrote:
>
>> Are the ICMP and FCMP instructions meant to accept vectors
>> operands or no?
>
> At one time we tried to get them working, guess that's a left over.
>
> I'll fix the documentation.

Don't worry about it; I'm preparing a patch which also cleans up the
assertions.

> Originally we had plans for supporting vector comparisons of at
> least EQ and NE predicates. The others don't really make sense.

That's what I thought. Anyhow, it's better that it's disallowed for
now, since it leaves the door open to introducing more useful element-
wise compares in the vein of x86 CMPPD or PowerPC vcmpXXfp.

Thanks, Reid.

— Gordon