[LLVMdev] LLVM summer intern position at Apple

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Thu Jan 18 20:36:10 PST 2007

Hi Everyone,

The LLVM group at Apple is pleased to be able to host an intern again
this summer.  We have a number of exciting projects going on, and
joining us is a great way to gain compiler experience, get exposure
to engineering in one of the most innovative companies in the field,
and to work closely with other LLVM developers.

We're looking for a candidate who is comfortable with C++, who has at
least taken an intro to compilers course (or has equivalent
knowledge), and who is preferably already familiar with LLVM.  There
are many different possible projects you could work on, depending on
your interests and experience.  Some ideas are:

LLVM-Level optimizations:
   - Scalar and loop optimizations
   - Optimizations for code size
   - De-virtualization for C++ or Objective C
   - Improve GCSE/DSE passes to use aliasing more efficiently
   - Auto vectorization

Code Generator improvements:
   - Better tail call handling
   - Auto-generate calling convention code from an abstract description
   - Improved subregister support
   - Improvements to the X86/X86-64/PPC/PPC64/ARM or Thumb targets.
   - Many others.

If you are interested in applying, please send me
(clattner at apple.com) a resume and information about which areas (from
the above list, or your own ideas) that you'd be interested in
working on.  Please get back to me by February 8.

More information on working and interning at Apple is here:
http://www.apple.com/jobs/
http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/pro/intern/index.html

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them, feel free to
email me off-list about this.

Thanks,

-Chris