[LLVMdev] Indirect branch instruction

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Jan 16 09:53:58 PST 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Nicolas Geoffray wrote:
>> Can you give a compilable C function as an example?
>>

> Well I'm not sure on how to do this in C, but in x86 assembly a simple
> jmp %eax does it.

I don't understand.  You're making a claim that the C compiler isn't
producing optimal code for some case.  Can you give an example of a C
function that llvm compiles to something suboptimal?  LLVM certainly does
generate stuff like "jmp %eax", but presumably not in the way you want.
Without an example to see what you mean, we won't be able to fix the
deficiency that you've encountered.

Thanks,

-Chris

--