[LLVMdev] volatile optimisations

Sarah Thompson thompson at email.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 5 16:08:52 PST 2007

Hi all,

What does LLVM assume when optimising volatiles? I'm finding difficulty
generating multithreaded code that makes sense because the compiler
seems to be assuming single-threaded semantics. Is there any special
flags I should be using in order to safely generate multithreaded code?

 From my experiments, it very much appears that the generated code has
been optimised in such a way that threading semantics is broken, and
that volatile is not taken into account. Is this true? Is there a fix?

(This is a major showstopper, so any help would be greatly appreciated)

Thanks,
Sarah Thompson