[LLVMdev] cast instruction

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at crhc.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 23 19:09:41 PST 2007

I need to create a cast instruction that casts an sbyte* to another
pointer type.  Previously I was using the CastInst::createInferredCast()
function to do that; however, that function has been removed.  Which of
the create() functions from CastInst should I use to do that?  It seems
like the obdvious answer should be createPointerCast().  However, the
documentation for createPointerCast says, "Create a BitCast or a
PtrToInt cast instruction," and I'm not wanting to cast a pointer to an int.

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan M. Lefever  [http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~lefever]