[LLVMdev] llvm mips backend!

Andrew Lenharth andrewl at lenharth.org
Thu Feb 15 18:18:24 PST 2007

On 2/15/07, bruno cardoso <bruno.cardoso at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested on implementing the MIPS backend as a student in a compiler
> course on my university, starting in 2 weeks from now!!
> I've seen on the mailing list history no one has done it so far
> (although a lot said they would)!
> am i right?

It doesn't exist and I know of no one actively working on it.  The
biggest requirement to successfully do a backend is having reasonable
speed hardware (of that architecture) to work on.  Not strictly
necessary, but it really helps.

That and the realization that hello world is a big step for a backend :)

Good luck!

Andrew