[LLVMdev] llvm-poolalloc compilation failed

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Tue Feb 6 16:13:49 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 17:35 -0600, Ryan M. Lefever wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I performed the steps you gave below to check out llvm-poolalloc.  When
> I want to get new updates made to llvm-poolalloc, do I perform the
> following commands?
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anon at llvm.org:/var/cvs/llvm login
> <Hit return for an empty password>

If you've already checked it out, you shouldn't need to login again. CVS
will remember you rlogin.

> cd llvm/projects
> cvs -d :pserver:anon at llvm.org:/var/cvs/llvm update -r release_19 llvm-poolalloc

The -r option specifies the revision you want to check out. If you don't
specify it then you get the latest revision of each file (the "HEAD").
If you specify a symbolic name like release_19 then you get the version
of each file corresponding to the tag "release_19". So, assuming you
previously checked out with -rrelease_19, this will only update
differences made to that tag since you checked out (probably few or
none).

> In other words, do I specify the -r option to perform an update?

It depends on what you want to do:

1. Update to latest version of release 1.9: cvs update
2. Restore version to that of 1.9: cvs update -r release_19
3. Update to head version (latest): cvs update -A

Note that cvs will remember your "sticky tag" (release_19) from your
previous checkout. Item #3 overcomes that by using the -A option to tell
it to forget the sticky tag and really update to the HEAD version (not
the latest version of the tag as in #1)

> Also,
> how do I produce the doxygen for DSA?

Sorry, don't know about that. Should be just "make install" in the docs
directory like LLVM, but I don't know how the DSA repository is set up.