[LLVMdev] llvm release criteria?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Sat Dec 29 08:04:44 PST 2007

   I noticed that llvm 2.2 is slated for release on
Feb. 4th of 2008. Do the llvm 2.2 releases mimic
those of FSF gcc by requiring no major regressions
for the release? For example, would Bug 1462
(CodeGen doesn't fully support i128) likely be
fixed for 2.2 (even though it as marked as priority 2)?
Also, how are the merges with the Apple GCC 4.2
branch handled? Are those done at some regular interval?
I assume no further merges could occur after the code freeze
on Jan. 16th of course. Thanks in advance for any insights
in the release mechanism of llvm and llvm-gcc.
        Jack
ps I am mainly trying to puzzle out if llvm 2.2 releases
are true releases or more like very well stablized
snapshots (compared to the definition of a FSF gcc
release). Also, is the Apple gcc 4.2 branch viewable
for those outside of Apple?