[LLVMdev] this file was developed by ...

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Thu Dec 13 23:47:37 PST 2007

> Does anyone have a problem with changing this to:
>
> // This file is distributed under the University of Illinois
> Open Source // License. See LICENSE.TXT for details.
>
> And leaving this whole business to our friendly version
> control system (e.g. svn annotate), which has the perfect
> answer all the time?

Certainly I don't have a problem, I just want to point out a
situation that might be a problem:

Consider someone who submits a whole file, but doesn't have SVN
commit access. So another one commits the file. When you now
use "svn blame file", you'll see the name of the committer, not
the name of the author.