[LLVMdev] ocaml binding question

Gordon Henriksen gordonhenriksen at mac.com
Mon Dec 10 16:24:14 PST 2007

On 2007-12-10, at 18:58, Sarah Thompson wrote:

>> On 2007-12-10, at 18:28, Jon Harrop wrote:
>>
>>> Incidentally, should more OCaml stuff beyond the bindings be part of
>>> LLVM or would it be better to fork them into a separate project
>>

> I'd be inclined to push for at least the binding staying linked with
> LLVM's releases, at least from a version control point of view, or
> it would get difficult to keep them working together reliably. As
> for other ocaml-based tools, I'm not so concerned, though obviously
> if they turn out to be very useful it might make sense to distribute
> them with the core release.

Sarah,

I thought there'd be more interest in the C bindings, personally, so
I'm pleasantly surprised by the vigorous response to the Ocaml
bindings. I suppose the primary audience for C bindings are FFIs for
other languages, so perhaps it's not an entirely surprising result in
retrospect.

Regardless, I don't think you need to worry about them going anywhere
now that the portability problems have been ironed out of the makefiles.

Incidentally: http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20071210/056155.html

— Gordon