[LLVMdev] Calling functions defined in .o files in LLVM code executed in lli

John van Schie jcschie at cs.uu.nl
Sat Dec 8 03:34:20 PST 2007

Vikram S. Adve wrote:
> Assuming the run-time library is in C, is there a reason why you
> cannot also compile that to LLVM?  You could get significantly better
> optimization via LTO that way.
>
> --Vikram
> http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
> http://llvm.org

Vikram,

Eventually I am aiming to do just this, but this means that the build
process will become depended on llvm-gcc (or I have to smarten up the
build process). The other people working on EHC do not have llvm-gcc on
their machines, so I'll have to discuss it first before I break the build.
Thanks for your remark!

-- John