[LLVMdev] Regression on <4 x i1>?

Chuck Rose III cfr at adobe.com
Thu Dec 6 17:06:13 PST 2007

Hola LLVMers,

One of the corner-case features of the Hydra language I work on are
Boolean vectors of length 2, 3, or 4 which I've been representing as
either <2 x i1> or <4 x i1>.  I picked up the latest LLVM about a week
back and since then I've been unable to compile things using this
construct.  It asserts in TargetData::getAlignmentInfo since it doesn't
have alignment data for these types. This is on x86 JIT.

As an experiment, I added alignments for these data type, so that it
would get past the getAlignmentInfo check, but then it doesn't know how
to handle things data type further down the register allocation
pipeline.

Is anyone else seeing problems with these types on x86?  Do you have
some pointers on how to look into fixing this?  I don't want to stumble
around blindly and the final code generation is not a part of the system
I'm familiar with.

Thanks,

Chuck.