[LLVMdev] 2.1 compile problem with undefined symbols

Erick Tryzelaar erickt at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 6 00:47:35 PST 2007

Hello! I'm having some problem compiling llvm 2.1 for macports. I'm
getting errors from some undefined symbols. What am I doing wrong? I
couldn't find anything on the website or the mailing list. Thanks.

 > cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_Shared_erickt_Projects_macports-trunk_dports_lang_llvm/work/build"
&& ../llvm-2.1/configure --enable-optimized --prefix=/opt/local
 > make tools-only
llvm[2]: Linking Release executable opt (without symbols)
/usr/bin/ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
llvm::createGVNPass()
llvm::createGVNPREPass()
llvm::createLoopUnswitchPass(bool)
llvm::createLoopIndexSplitPass()
llvm::CheckBitcodeOutputToConsole(std::basic_ostream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >*, bool)
llvm::createScalarReplAggregatesPass(int)
llvm::createRedundantLoadEliminationPass()
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status