[LLVMdev] LLVM performance test

Torvald Riegel torvald at se.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Aug 19 11:53:43 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have two related questions: Are there LLVM developers on this list that are
interested in improving LLVM performance? I have examples in which LLVM is
slower than gcc (e.g., STM linked list microbenchmark, 1.8 (gcc) vs. 1.3
(llvm), more is better). I've never done compiler performance tuning, so I
don't know how much effort is required.

Second question: does anyone keep track of performance results?

Thanks,
Torvald