[LLVMdev] MBB Critical edges

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sat Aug 18 19:51:35 PDT 2007

Hi,

This pass is similar to the one in BreakCriticalEdges.cpp, but it works
for MachineFunction's, instead of Functions. The existence of critical
edges complicates many optimizations. When doing register allocation, you
don't necessarily have to remove critical edges (you can use conventional
SSA-form, for instance. See "Translating Out of Static Single Assignment
Form. SAS 1999"), yet, to remove them should be easy.

I can send a patch if you think the code is ok. I am sending you the code.

best,

Fernando