[LLVMdev] Debugger for Register Allocation

Evan Cheng evan.cheng at apple.com
Fri Aug 17 22:55:17 PDT 2007

On Aug 17, 2007, at 4:17 PM, Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>      I have been using a debugger for my register allocator. The
> debugger
> happened to be very useful at catching register assignment errors.
> I've
> put the debugger on-line, if anyone who is working with register
> allocation wants to use. The debugger itself has nothing to do with
> LLVM,
> but I've coded a spiller that prints the code in a format that the
> debugger can read. The page is:
>
> http://compilers.cs.ucla.edu/fernando/projects/debugger/

Hi Fernando,

This looks quite useful. Do you think you can incorporate the code
output the debugging info in smira to tot?

Also, it seems to make more sense to dump the info at the end of the
register allocation pass. Is there any particular reason for you to
add it to the spiller instead?

Thanks,

Evan