[LLVMdev] Strange error of llvm-ld

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Thu Aug 16 00:12:14 PDT 2007

Holger,

I have just committed a patch to cause the linker to properly propagate
error messages from the LinkModules method up to higher levels of the
linker. With this change it should tell you with more detail what is
going on (why it couldn't link the file in). Please update, rebuild and
try again.  If you think the error message is wrong after that, please
file a bug for this.

To get verbose information, use the -v option on llvm-ld.  In general,
you can find options from any llvm tool with "tool --help".

Thanks,

Reid.