[LLVMdev] Spillers

Anton Vayvod avayvod at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:42:40 PDT 2007

> FYI, in my implementation I just marked the intervals introduced by
> spills as being special so that they would not be chosen to be spilled
> again.  Then they just get colored like every other interval.

But they can be uncolored like every other interval then, right? When your
algorithm finds out during one iteration that it should spill some interval
it checks whether this interval is marked. If it is marked what's happening?
Choosing some neighbour interval to spill instead of that one? Is this
better then precoloring spill intervals (starting from allocation_order_end
phys reg)?