[LLVMdev] 1 Week Before 2.0 Branch Creation

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Mon Apr 30 10:36:42 PDT 2007

LLVM Developers,

It is now 1 week before I will create the 2.0 release branch.

I'm asking that all platform maintainers and available llvm developers
review the nightly tester results. Please XFAIL any dejagnu tests that are
currently failing, fix any warnings, and review the results of the full
llvm test suite. If a test failure is determined to be something that
needs to be fixed before the release, please fix it or file a bugzilla
bug, and set the target to 2.0.

Any enhancements scheduled for the 2.0 release should go in ASAP. This
work should be completed before May 7th. Please try to avoid checking
in large changes right before the deadline.

I will be creating the 2.0 release branch on May 7th at 9:00PM PST.

Reminder of Release Schedule:

* April 30th - 1 week before code freeze warning email.
* May 7th - Code freeze and branch creation.
* May 14th - Pre-releases available for additional testing. All
documentation changes committed to branch and mainline.
* May 21st - Release.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

-Tanya