[LLVMdev] SVN (?) Migration

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Apr 29 10:56:58 PDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, David A. Greene wrote:
> That's true of practically everything.  Yet it is also true that
> some systems are better than others.  Git is particularly good in
> the area of branching and merging which seems to me to be a core
> part of what an SCM system is.

Unfortunately, we already discussed this quite a bit before we settled on
SVN.  Git does have several nice features, but SVN is both widely
available/known and also fairly feature rich.  Though not as nice as some
of the git features, SVN does have SVK, which allows some distributed
development.  Further, the transition to SVN is already underway, though
the cutover date has been recently moved back to June, to not destabilize
the release:
http://llvm.org/SVNMigration.html

-Chris

--