[LLVMdev] Regalloc Refactoring

David Greene greened at obbligato.org
Mon Apr 16 08:38:34 PDT 2007

Chris Lattner wrote:

>> Doesn't that last statement actually do the rewrite?
>
> Hrm, yes, yes it appears so.  Question is: doesn't this make the r2r map
> dead?  Does something else fill it in?  My memory is hazy here :).  If it
> is dead, we should rip it out (actually, we should make it private to the
> coallescer function).

I'm trying an experiment to eliminate the r2r map altogether.  Is there
an efficient way to replace all references to a virtual register?  That
is, given a virtual register number, is there an easy way to get a list
of all Instructions and/or Operands that reference it?

I've been looking at the Use and Value classes and am wondering if there
is something there I could use.

                                -Dave