[LLVMdev] PR400 - alignment for LD/ST

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:08:11 PDT 2007

Ok. This got a little over my head, but what I take away is:

1. I'll submit a patch for just the alias parameter on loads and
stores. The alias parameter indicates the final alignment of the load
or store (nothing to do with base+imm or base+offset addressing).

2. The more sophisticated alignment information for vectorization of
loads/stores will likely have to be implemented as an analysis pass
and wouldn't need to be represented in the BC or assembly.

--
Christopher Lamb