[LLVMdev] LLVA and WCET Analysis

Andrew Lenharth andrewl at lenharth.org
Tue Apr 3 08:55:08 PDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Fabian Scheler <fabian.scheler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm curious whether there have been any attempts to perform
> performance analysis on the LLVA level. I am interested in the
> derivation of flow-facts (loop bounds etc. - what about the
> value-range-propagation pass I read about on this list some time ago)
> but even more I am interested in exec-time modeling (how long does it
> take to execute a bunch of LLVA instructions on particular processor)
> for the LLVA. I am glad about every pointer I can get.

If you are asking about LLVA not LLVM, see
http://llvm.org/pubs/2006-06-18-WIOSCA-LLVAOS.html

LLVA specifically is refering to a research project offshoot of llvm.
LLVM instructions do not have 1:1 mappings to native instructions
(sometimes multiple llvm instructions map to fewer native insts,
sometimes the other way around).

Andrew