[LLVMdev] Testing a register allocator

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Sep 20 10:30:36 PDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Anton Vayvod wrote:
> Yes, I'm using LLVM CVS. Updated a couple of hours ago.
>   If so, please run 'make
>>  bugpoint-llc' in that directory and file a bug.  This is an instruction
>>  selector bug, not yours.  We'll be happy to fix it if it's not already
>>  fixed in LLVM CVS.
>

> The test is running and I already have Segmentation Fault errors in
> Regression/C++ tests and UnitTests. But make bugpoint-llc doesn't find any
> targets in tests' obj directories.

Ah, in singlesource, try 'make Output/program.bugpoint-llc'.

> I'll wait until error in some Application test occurs and will file a bug
> then.
>
> Interesting that these errors don't occur under Linux with the same CVS
> version of LLVM (but using gcc 4.1.1 if this matters).

There are a lot of things that could trigger it.  System header files vary
widely across OS's (even across versions of one OS), and can sometimes
trigger issues.

> BTW, what's the difference between llc and llc-beta?

llc-beta is a "test platform" for new stuff, and is also used for
performance comparisons between different sets of LLC options.  On X86
right now, llc-beta uses the local (intra-basic-block) register allocator,
which is used with llvm-gcc -O0.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/