[LLVMdev] Help with pass registration

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sat Sep 9 12:30:55 PDT 2006

> >    I have updated my LLVM to the top of CVS, and now I am getting
> > errors like this one below when I write new passes:
>
> What does your getAnalysisUsage method look like?

Chris,

    I think I've figured the problem out. I have a very basic question
though. What is the difference between addRequired, and addRequiredID?
For instance, in RegAllocLocal.cpp, you have both:

AU.addRequired<LiveVariables>();
AU.addRequiredID(PHIEliminationID);

    When should I use one, and when the other should be used?

Thanks a lot,

Fernando