[LLVMdev] jump table x constant pool

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 04:06:17 PDT 2006

I had some problems adding the address of a jump table to the constant
pool. The problem is that the address of a jump table is not a
GlobalValue.Currently I decided to expand BRIND so that I can work on
simpler problems :-)

A small brain dump on the issue:
GlobalValues are currently used to represent functions and global
variables. Maybe we could also use then for anything that will have a
label in the final assembly: functions, global variables, basic
blocks, jump tables and constant pools.

If we do so it would be very easy to add a jump table to a constant
pool (analogous to adding a global variable). It would also be
possible to add basic blocks, so maybe we could merge jump tables and
constant pools in one class?

Best Regards,
Rafael