[LLVMdev] Nightly Test Machine Identification

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Oct 18 11:59:28 PDT 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Reid Spencer wrote:
> How are the nightly test machines identified? I went to look at my
> machine's test results and couldn't find any (for a while) because a new
> machine id had been set.  I'd like to avoid creating new machine ids so
> could you please indicate what factors lead to one run of nightly test
> being viewed as a different machine?  If you explain it, I'll add the
> explanation to the documentation.

I don't recall the details, but I believe that all of the architecture,
base compiler version, nickname and probably other stuff factor into it.

Upgrading the system compiler (in particular) can have a significant
impact on the performance results, so I think this behavior makes sense.
If you strongly disagree and want to change it, go for it.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/