[LLVMdev] Linux Bit Rot

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Tue Oct 17 08:36:16 PDT 2006

All,

It seems there's been some llvm bit rot on Linux recently.  The tester
on Zion is getting wedged so it appears to never finish.  I experienced
the same thing when running the llc compiled version of
MultiSource/Benchmarks/MallocBench/espresso. It went into an infinite
loop.

I have just set up a new nightly tester (machine=70) which you can view
at: http://llvm.org/nightlytest/test.php?machine=70&night=1247
Last night this test managed to finish but exhibits large numbers of
failures. llc-beta fails on every compile. Several other tests fail as
well (see the "Test Suite Failures" section).

So, if you work on Linux, I would like to enlist your help in resolving
the issues. Please select a test that fails on my tester and try to
resolve it. I'll be working from the top of the list down.

Thanks,

Reid.