[LLVMdev] Could not find include file 'llvm/Intrinsics.td'

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Thu Nov 30 15:24:18 PST 2006

Hi Seung,

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 17:02 -0600, Seung Jae Lee wrote:
> Hello.
> I am trying to run tblgen so I typed
> $ tblgen ARM.td -print-enums -class=Register
> in "llvm/lib/Target/ARM"
>
> But I got an error as follows:
>
> Included from ARM.td:18:
> Parsing ../Target.td:16: Could not find include file 'llvm/Intrinsics.td'!
>
> As you know, the 16th line of Target.td includes "llvm/Intrinsics.td". But this cannot find Intrinsics.td, I think.
> Of course, I indeed checked out that everything is in their positions including Intrinsics.td.
>
> Would you mind telling me reasons I might miss to run this successfully?
> Thank you very much.

You simply need to provide a -I option to tblgen. Something like:

tblgen ARM.td -print-enums -class=REGISTER -I../../../include

You can find out how the makefile generates its commands with:

make VERBOSE=1

That will cause it to print each command as it executes them. Then you
can see how the makefiles run tblgen.

Reid.