[LLVMdev] moving to svn?

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 01:03:10 PST 2006

Hi Chris,

> 2. The main deficiencies of CVS don't impact us much (we aren't
> hampered by lack of atomic commits, renames, and better branch
> facilities).

If people would like to see the logical `patch set' that made up a CVS
commit then cvsps may be useful, or, as others have said, use Tailor to
convert to a local repos. in your preferred format.

    http://www.cobite.com/cvsps/
    http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor

> 4. I maintain that a real distributed VCS would be very useful for
> LLVM, perhaps moreso than the other features provided by new VCS's.
> Last time this came up, the available distributed vcs's all had
> serious issues.  Perhaps mercurial is 'there now'.  I don't know.

Bazaar, from Canonical -- the same people as behind Ubuntu, has been
concentrating on performance recently.  It may be worth keeping an eye
on for the future.  I expect it will gain quite a large market share
over time.

    http://bazaar-vcs.org/
    http://bazaar-vcs.org/RcsComparisons

Cheers,