[LLVMdev] moving to svn?

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 01:40:10 PST 2006

> I'm not sure if I just took HEAD or converted the whole llvm repo.
> Personally, I like darcs for the atomic theory of patches. YMMV.

I have used darcs to work with psi. It looks like a very clean design,
but currently it is a very anemic implementation IMHO. I constantly
find myself trying to find out how to do a relatively simple task.

Git is fast and has a lot of features, but eats hard disk for lunch :-)

In the end, I think that the best option now would be to move to svn.
If we want to move to another SCM system latter on, the move should be
much simpler then the cvs -> svn move.

Another wonderful feature of svn: each commit generates a single email
to llvm-commits :-)

> Nonetheless, I track llvm's repo via tailor and I do keep the history as
> it evolves. If I were permitted to run a webserver outside the corporate
> firewall, I'd demonstrate a cvs-svn tailor-ized repo.
>

> -scooter

Rafael