[LLVMdev] mingw binary is corrupt

SevenThunders mattcbro at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 26 19:04:31 PST 2006

Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> You should have Perl installed. As you're probably using msys, you
> should also install msys-dtk, which includes perl for msys.
>
> --
> With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

I installed msys-dtk as suggested and got just a bit further. My mingw gcc
is version 3.4.2.
 Thanks for the help so far.  I actually had active state perl installed,
which I reinstalled using the latest perl.  That method ends up failing
somewhere else.

Here is how it fails now:

make[2]: Entering directory `/d/Apps/llvm/tools/llvm-config'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/Apps/llvm/tools/llvm-config'
make[2]: Entering directory `/d/Apps/llvm/tools/opt'
llvm[2]: Compiling AnalysisWrappers.cpp for Release build
llvm[2]: Compiling GraphPrinters.cpp for Release build
llvm[2]: Compiling PrintSCC.cpp for Release build
llvm[2]: Compiling opt.cpp for Release build
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/lib/libLLVMTransforms.a', needed by
`/d/Apps/llvm/Release/bin/opt.exe'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/Apps/llvm/tools/opt'
make[1]: *** [opt/.makeall] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/Apps/llvm/tools'
make: *** [all] Error 1