[LLVMdev] LLVM and newlib progress

Pertti Kellomäki pk at cs.tut.fi
Thu Nov 9 09:33:55 PST 2006

Reid Spencer kirjoitti:
> So, now I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is
> libgloss part of newlib? If so, please note that it is not llvm-gcc's
> job to pass CFLAGS down. That would be a bug in the newlib makefiles. :)

Sorry for being obtuse. Yes, if there indeed is a bug, it is in the
newlib build system. I was trying to compile newlib with llvm-gcc.

The need for propagating compiler flags arises because if I want to
create newlib libraries that contain LLVM byte code rather than host
object files, I need to pass -emit-llvm to all invocations of llvm-gcc.

Hope this clarifies a bit.
--
Pertti