[LLVMdev] 1.9 Next Steps

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Tue Nov 7 22:20:05 PST 2006

Hi Tanya,

I've been checking the state of the various llvm-test failures on
X86/Linux with GCC 3.4.6 and llvm-gcc4. I haven't finished this, but I
thought the following might be useful for other people that are testing
the release on Linux.  Each group of failing tests below is followed by
a comment about why its failing.

llc /MultiSource/Applications/oggenc/oggenc
jit /MultiSource/Applications/oggenc/oggenc
cbe /MultiSource/Applications/oggenc/oggenc
  ^^ no idea what's causing these

jit /MultiSource/Applications/JM/ldecod/ldecod
  ^^ weird jit codegen problem produces wrong FP output, PR963

llc /MultiSource/Applications/JM/lencod/lencod
jit /MultiSource/Applications/JM/lencod/lencod
cbe /MultiSource/Applications/JM/lencod/lencod
  ^^ no idea

jit /MultiSource/Applications/obsequi/Obsequi
  ^^ no idea

cbe /MultiSource/Benchmarks/Prolangs-C/archie-client/archie
  ^^ cbe doesn't support inline asm (bzero lowering)

jit /MultiSource/Benchmarks/Prolangs-C/allroots/allroots
llc /MultiSource/Benchmarks/Prolangs-C/allroots/allroots
  ^^ no idea

llc /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE/sse.stepfft
jit /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE/sse.stepfft
llc /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/build2
jit /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/build2
cbe /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/build2
llc /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/build
jit /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/build
cbe /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/build
cbe /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/divides
llc /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/multiplies
jit /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/multiplies
cbe /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/multiplies
llc /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/simple
jit /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/simple
cbe /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/simple
llc /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/sumarray
jit /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/sumarray
cbe /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/sumarray
llc /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/sumarray-dbl
jit /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/sumarray-dbl
cbe /SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/sumarray-dbl
  ^^ all of the above fail because my 3.4.6 compiler doesn't support
vectors well

llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/ctor_dtor_count-2
jit /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/ctor_dtor_count-2
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/ctor_dtor_count-2
llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/ctor_dtor_count
jit /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/ctor_dtor_count
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/ctor_dtor_count
llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/exception_spec_test
jit /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/exception_spec_test
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/exception_spec_test
llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/function_try_block
jit /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/function_try_block
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/function_try_block
llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/simple_rethrow
jit /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/simple_rethrow
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/simple_rethrow
llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/simple_throw
jit /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/simple_throw
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/simple_throw
llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/throw_rethrow_test
jit /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/throw_rethrow_test
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH/throw_rethrow_test
llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/BuiltinTypeInfo
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/BuiltinTypeInfo
llc /SingleSource/Regression/C++/ofstream_ctor
cbe /SingleSource/Regression/C++/ofstream_ctor
  ^^ All of these fail due to C++ exception handling not implemented in
llvm-gcc4

llc /SingleSource/Benchmarks/CoyoteBench/fftbench
jit /SingleSource/Benchmarks/CoyoteBench/fftbench
  ^^ PR990

llc /SingleSource/Benchmarks/Shootout-C++/except
jit /SingleSource/Benchmarks/Shootout-C++/except
cbe /SingleSource/Benchmarks/Shootout-C++/except
llc /SingleSource/Benchmarks/Misc-C++/bigfib
jit /SingleSource/Benchmarks/Misc-C++/bigfib
  ^^ C++ EH again

llc /SingleSource/CustomChecked/oopack_v1p8
cbe /SingleSource/CustomChecked/oopack_v1p8
  ^^ Not sure, but I suspect its lack of vector support again.