[LLVMdev] about the namespace

Nai Xia nelson.xia at gmail.com
Wed May 31 21:35:29 PDT 2006

Hi,I apologize if it is a stupid question.
It seems that the style of using namespace in LLVM confuses my "source
insight" and my ctags for correctly finding the implementation of a class
member. For example, the implementation of members of Instruction class is
written like this.

----------------
... ...
using namespace llvm;
Instruction::Instruction(...);
... ...
----------------

It seems that both sourceInsight and ctags trend to consider
Instruction::Instruction(...) as "::Instruction::Instruction(...)"
instead of "llvm::Instruction::Instruction(...)".

So I am just curious about that why the code is not written like this:

namespace llvm {

Instruction::Instruction(...);
... ...
}

Is there any reason for choosing the former style?

--
Regards,
Nai