[LLVMdev] Binary output to cout on Windows

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Mon May 22 15:34:08 PDT 2006

Hi Michael,

LLVM uses the standard C++ library for this output. If LLVM opens the
file, it is opened in binary mode. However, LLVM is inheriting this file
descriptor from the shell in your example (std::cout) so we don't/can't
change the  open mode. You might want to try this instead:

llvm-as < input.ll -o output.bc OR llvm-as < input.ll -o - | opt

Reid.