[LLVMdev] Still Trying to Build on MINGW

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Sat May 6 12:01:43 PDT 2006

Hello, Greg.

You wrote Saturday, May 6, 2006, 10:54:19 PM:

GP> Is it possible to build using MINGW, but without using msys?
GP> All along I've been assuming that I needed msys.
Unfortunately, no (especially, if you want to build gcc). LLVM and gcc
uses auto* machinery, which depends on sh, sed, sort, etc. So, you should
use (at least for configure) some amount of "shell-tools".

As for LLVM itself, it's possible (in theory, I haven't tried it ;) )
to generate config.h by hands and than just use make.

--
With best regards,
 Anton                          mailto:asl at math.spbu.ru

Saturday, May 6, 2006 10:56:20 PM

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University