[LLVMdev] Running LLVM Analysis on real-world projects.

Misha Brukman brukman at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 31 07:26:01 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 04:27:55PM +0530, Pratik Mehta wrote:
> Also, I am interested in compiling projects partially, if full
> compilation is not possible due to missing dependencies. For this, I
> usually run make with '-i' options, which does not stop on errors.

As a side note, I usually use "make -k" to continue after an error.
The differences are as follows (from the man page):

-i   Ignore all errors in commands executed to remake files.

-k   Continue  as  much  as  possible after an error.  While the target
     that failed, and those that depend on it, cannot  be  remade,  the
     other dependencies of these targets can be processed all the same.

I am not sure if -i or -k will get you further in compilation if the
compile fails.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net